Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a couple of these lures during my last BPS outing. Has anyone used them this year for stripers or blues? I picked up a blue/silver one and one in all black color.

"Topwater Plug Joey" - What about you? ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Y'know me :D ...picked up the chrome black back. Works great for stripers. Waiting for the blues to come in, but I expect the samething. I hear they work good on redfish too.

Work them like a Zara Spook.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just knew you had some in your topwater arsensal! ;) Thanks. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I plan on picking a few up and chucking them at blues at Corson's Inlet in Jersey on Sat Morning. I have heard good things. Yozuri makes some banging plugs, I have had good results on some of their other models, and I am not a serious plugger.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yo-Zuri makes fine fish producing lures. Half of my plug bag is Yo-Zuri. If only they didn't cost so much... Losing one is like losing a pet. :(

Catman check your PM's.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah - the price will kill you. Any of their plugs that cost less than $10 is a real deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, new to this board, but thought I'd jump in with a bit of info. I was at The Sports Authority yesterday and picked-up a Yo Zuri saltwater value pack - 6 (maybe 5, I forget - sorry) plugs for $19.99. I'm a big fan of these lures, and this was one of the better deals that I've seen. It was kinda a grab-and-go last minute purchase, so I don't have a lot of spacific info on what types were in the package, but they looked good, and at that price, I'm not going to be too picky.

Thought I'd pass this along-
Good luck this season. :)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rockfish,

Welcome to Pier and Surf!

I didn't see a lot of info on your profile.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Rockfish, sandcrab is a stalker. Please, for your safety, do not add to your profile! :D
Sounds like a good deal at Sports Authority. When I bought my Kastmasters there, they had some YoZuri topwater plugs for $4.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rockfish,

Don't listen to Husky! He just jealous because he has a PUNK fish on his profile! ;)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yo-zuri crystal minnow is a must I 've caught plenty blues and rocks off romancoke on crystal minnow ..I'm a big topwater fan too..long live lure fishing :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts