Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a small cart because at the time I had a little car and the big cart wouldn't fit in the trunk. I cut the back off to fit a second cooler on it initially. It also works out that I made some chair racks that also doubles as a pier net rack out of PVC. And the cut out let's the chairs sit better. The best thing I've done is the milk crate on the handle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I like the milk crate idea. Where do you get the milk crate. They are getting hard to find.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're still around, but I've had several of them for years. I see a pile of them every time I go to the elementary school to vote out behind the cafeteria.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1st post!
My DIY hoop net for pier fishing. Its a 26in bike tire frame. Split the tire down the middle then sandwiched them together. Rolled it then tied with No.36 tarred Bank line. The net is a old seine that a mouse chewed up. Then I used a kite line holder to hold about 50ft of line.
Folds up and fits in a bucket.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting, what's the largest load you've pulled up with it? I added about 10# of 5/8 chain to the bottom ring of my pier net (store bought) to stabilize it in waves and current, but have been wanting to make a larger one .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well. Just made it a week or so ago. But I had a 20lb jug of water in it. Dangled it for awhile then bounced the heck out of it! Held really well!!

I've got a few other DIY things I could post. Floating livewell (poolnoodle & laundry sack) collapsible beach cart(grocery cart I got out of the trash)

Hopefully I can get out soon

·
Registered
263 Posts

Here are the recent mods to the fish wagon. Made 6 anti rattle clamps for all the connections. Modified the hitch umbrella and added a cable to help in the wind. Hold down with locks for the cooler up front. Added the floor to the cart a few years back. I’m always changing things to fit my needs better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts