Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a difference a day makes down here.

Today the heavy duty wind from the Northwest made it really hard to get any size jig out far enough, and the outgoing tide combined with that wind from the same direction made even my largest leadheads drift too fast.

Fished the jetties from 9a - 12p. Now with all that being said, I still caught fish, but I had to fish between the jetties, and use a small chartreuse feathered crappie jig to get the loads of baby flounder that sit in there to tag.

Tagged / Released 15 baby flounder (8" to 9") in between the jetties. The only one of any size that I got today was a 14" that I had tagged yesterday.

Also got about a 1/2 dozen lizardfish, a couple seabass and a spot that was probably a 1 lb citation ... but instead became cutbait for my Sunday outing.

THROW MORE / MOST / MAYBE A FEW OF THE BIG ONES BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
402 Posts
thats interesting that the one u caught the day before was ready to bite again so quick....did u catch it on the same presentation/ lure? thank for report

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That happens a lot. You can catch them one day, and then catch them again on exactly the same lure the next day.

There's many, many occasions of catching one early in the day, and then catching him again a little later, usually on a slightly differently lure or bait though.

THROW MORE / MOST / MAYBE A FEW OF THE BIG ONES BACK

Jake Ace

D

·
0 Posts
hey jake

hey what color jigs did you find work the best at the jetties. and where do you fish down there. its the 1st time ive ever been and id like to catch something. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts