Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little bit better day today. I think all those storms and rain really cooled the water off and brought the flounder up from those deep drop offs in the river to where I can reach them with a jig.

Fished the jetties from 9:30a - 12p ... tagged / released 7 flounder (3 were 13", and 3 were 7") after I got the 13"s I needed a couple more to hit my goal, so I went with a tiny crappie jig to get the little flounder in really shallow water, simply to tag a few.

The catch of the day though was a 20 1/2" Al-Capone (ie: scarface) flounder. He looked like an Osprey may have hit him a few years back ... and he was a tough customer on my little jig/rod with 8lb line.

Missed another about the same size, when I brought him up to the service, I bent for the landing net, and the slack in the line caused the hook to fall out.

Stupid landing net! Stupiderer landing person! Where's Kimoslobby to blame for these catastrophes when I need him?

THROW MORE / MOST / SOME OF THE BIG ONES BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Jake, are your mishaps effecting your brain? Who gave you the replacement net head? Who suggested how you should attach the head? I think I can still absord plenty of blame, present or not.

Of course, if anyone wants to knoe WHY Jake needed a replacement net head, I've got a dandy story to tell.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts