Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the rock jetties from 11a - 1:30p on Wednesday; mid-level/rising tide, and the water was stained with a lot of microscopic plankton, is that redundant?

Anyway, best day in a while down there, both on quantity and size of the flounder. Tagged / Released 8 of them (12" to 16"), no tostitos today.

Caught 6 of them on 1/4 oz jig head and 2 with a 1/2 jig head when the tide started moving and used a Space Guppy colored Saltwater Assassin grub.

Saw some other folks get small croaker, seabass, lizardfish (my favorite) and a spot.

THROW MORE / MOST / SOME OF THE BIG ONES BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Jake!!

I've fished the jetties three different times in the past two weeks, I've always fished the 2nd jetty from the bridge. Is there a favorite one that you fish or do you move around since you are throwing artificials. By watching your reports I can say that I caught my first flounder that i was trying to catch and not by mistake. I was using assassins. Have also caught some nice size croaker and spot while there. Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just because I park up there under the bridge, I tend to fish the 1st / 2nd / 3rd jetties from the Coleman Bridge, whichever is least occupied by double-bottom rig rods ... my lighter jigs tend to drift under their lines too frequently when I'm on the same jetty.

THROW MORE / MOST / SOME OF THE BIG ONES BACK

Jake Ace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts