Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to get there? i plan on going next wednesday and need some directions. hope to see yall there...

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
There are located at the Yorktown Waterfront(if you can get there you will see them.
But from Richmond here are 2 options
1. Take 64 east to the 2nd RT 199 exit(I forget the exit number but make sure you go past Exit 238) and go east toward Cheatam Annex and Water Country. Take a right on the Colonial Parkway, go past the Naval Pier and take a left up the hill and a left at the top on the hill and park under the Coleman Bridge.
2. Take 64 East to the Lee Hall exit(next exit past the Busch Gardens exit) take a left on RT 143 Go until you see a 7-11 and a BP (good Blood worms on open 7-6 m-f I forget the Sat and Sun hours) take a left on RT 238. This will take you straight to the Waterfront(see parking)
If you get lost just find Yorktown and look for water.
Good Luck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yorktown jetties

Hey Drum,'

I come from Richmond also and the first way Digger described seems to be the easiest to me. Just remember after exiting the parkway onto 17, take the last left turn before the bridge, I missed it the first time and had to cross the bridge so just watch for it . I enjoy fishing there.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Cookieman that is the prettier ride for sure but it is faster to take the left before 17(sign says Yorktown Victory Center) then a left at the center. That will drop you right into the waterfront with out have to deal with 17.
Drum Runner What time are you going to be there I might slide out fro a hour or so.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Digger

So what your saying if I'm leaving the parking lot , stay straight on that road instead of turning left to go to 17 and it will put you out on the parkway?. I was wondering where that led , because I think the sign something about alternate 17 or something. I never tried it leaving because it was always dark or just about then when I left. Have to try it next time. Thanks Digger!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
digger ill be there around 11:30. jakes been catchin a keeper flattie here and there so maybe wel have some luck. see ya out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.