Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Yorktown for a few days, looking for somewhere to get a line out. I looked at the pier on coastal explorer, any better options? I also need to find a B&T. Thanks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
There is another pier just across the Coleman. Its on the right, just follow the signs to Vims. I want to say it has a small lightline on it. Another close spot would be Indian Field Creek which will be the first inlet on you cross over headed up the parkway. People fish the rocks along the Yortown beach too but you could get run off as there are signs everywhere. If you fish the Yorktown pier, cast far and reel up fast if you ever want to see you rig again. Good Luck.

Ben

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the directions. I am interested in fishing ICF, is there a fishing pier or is this shore fishing? What are the depths like? I will more than likely just be tossin' a gulp around. I have directions to the Duke of York Motel... where is this in relation to the fishing area? Any help is appreciated, thnx!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
IFC is down the parkway towards Jamestown a bit. It's the first bridge you come to with a huge field on the right. You can fish on the rocks. It's shallow, maybe 2-6 feet depending on the tide. Not much going on there right now though.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Sniff around down in Yorktown proper. Over by the Watermen's museum is worth checking out. Watch where you fish though, because while I've never been run off, I have heard from other folks who have. I usually fish down there late at night, so I don't get hassled much.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found the Yorktown Pier, and several of the jetties along Water Rd... Chucked a few plugs but the tide was low and there wasn't any bait in the water. Drove around historic Yorktown for a bit as I have never been out there... interesting drive nonetheless. Thanks for all the direction guys.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I found the Yorktown Pier, and several of the jetties along Water Rd... Chucked a few plugs but the tide was low and there wasn't any bait in the water. Drove around historic Yorktown for a bit as I have never been out there... interesting drive nonetheless. Thanks for all the direction guys.
If you keep walking past the pier to the end of the park, it might be worth it,might try that myself here in a few.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I forget what street it is, but there's a building with a couple cannon balls still stuck in it. Neat place with loads of history. And some nice fishing spots. ;) If you're gonna be out later in the evening at all this week let me know. I'll head out and show you a couple spots.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I have to get back to the beach by the morning but I am on this side of the water a lot... will definitely get in touch with you next time I am over with some time to fish. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Gave it a go, not a bump and I was cold as it was rather windy and I didn't dress warm enough.Gave up after a 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was out there last week. Fished the outgoing tide for like 3 hours and pulled up 2 croakers. It was pretty dead. Lots of spots to get snagged on behind the Watermen's and directly in front of the pier too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts