Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been land locked in Rocky Mount NC for two weeks I was anxious to wet a line when I got home this evening. Looked at the tides and looked like I had a 1.5hr window. Grabbed the truck and headed down to IF.

Caught two schoolies in the first 5 min I was there on a PD mirro lure. Then the wind shifted more outta the West and I didn't get another bump. Fished it for another 30min and called it a night. At least I got the skunk off...

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was fishing the outside, should have been outgoing but there was really no water as the SW wind had pushed it all out all ready.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I was fishing the outside, should have been outgoing but there was really no water as the SW wind had pushed it all out all ready.
That's not a bad thing, especially with that lure. ;) Had my best night out there a few weeks ago under the very same conditions. Dunno if you could see or not, but was the river rough? Thinking about heading out on my bud's boat this evening. Glad you got the skunk off ya!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's not a bad thing, especially with that lure. ;) Had my best night out there a few weeks ago under the very same conditions. Dunno if you could see or not, but was the river rough? Thinking about heading out on my bud's boat this evening. Glad you got the skunk off ya!
You are prolly already out but the river was not too bad tonight, some white caps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.