Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dominion, which owns the York Ditch coming out of the power station, and the Virginia Insitute of Marine Science are going to try to tag a large number of puppy drum at the York Ditch on Friday, March 7.

Because there will be a lot of people working and fishing to tag the fish-- both inside the fence and along the rip-rap canal -- the ditch will be closed to the public from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.

I hope this does not interfere with anyone's fishing plans. The ditch will be back open to the public after 5 p.m. for fishing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the news. Sounds like some insider info?! LOL Has anyone seen any baitfish out and about lately?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I road by the York ditch today to see what VIMS was doing. There were several people fishing, and VIMS people there with nets to measure the fish caught, but I don't know why the original post said it was closed today. I talked with one VIMS rep, and he said come on in and join the project. Unfortunatly I didn't have any gear with me. I did see several pups caught and tagged while there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts