Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught about 40 yellow perch this morning. A lot were too small to keep. I only kept 10 for my old neighbor that loves to eat fish. Caught on a little tube bait under bobber. Fish Fish Fish products Sardine Seafood
Fish Fish Fish products Oily fish Seafood
Grilling Fish Sardine Fish Barbecue
Marshy Hope Creek

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice YPs ... maybe if we don't get much cold weather they will bite right through till springtime!
That would be nice. I will be going for crappie this morning in a little while. With this warm weather they might be close to shore in or near the last of the lily pads. Lily pads are starting to thin out. Hope the fish are not out in the middle of lake. I only fish from shore. Has any one read the article in the Baltimore Sun this morning about winter pan fishing under a bobber? A lot of us know about winter fishing under a bobber for pan fish/crappie, but a great article if you want to learn how.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would be nice. I will be going for crappie this morning in a little while. With this warm weather they might be close to shore in or near the last of the lily pads. Lily pads are starting to thin out. Hope the fish are not out in the middle of lake. I only fish from shore. Has any one read the article in the Baltimore Sun this morning about winter pan fishing under a bobber? A lot of us know about winter fishing under a bobber for pan fish/crappie, but a great article if you want to learn how.
Well I tried for crappie this morning. What crazy weather. Wind gust to 25-30 MPH and on and off rain. I caught one crappie. Didn't get a chance to fish right because of weather. It was so warm I took off my coat. It hit 70 degree today, and going to be 70 for Christmas. IMO I need some cold dry weather. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/outdoors/ph-cc-sp-gronaw-column-1220-20151220-column.html

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try the bridge off of Railroad Ave and the boat docks off of S Main Ave (off of route 308) in Federalsburg.
Huge white perch are caught here even in the dead of winter :) .
Good luck.
Sure would like to catch some of them huge white perch in the winter. I fish the Marshy Hope almost every day, and haven't caught one white perch. I know for sure they will be here big time on the spawning run. Yellows first, then the white's. Along with a few rockfish, and plenty of bass. I think the crappie might be ready now if you have a boat to find them.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wish I could catch a few. We don't have any deep water in Federalsburg. 6-maybe 8 FT. is all we have. What bridge, I want to try it. I know of two bridges in Federalsburg. One is the Highway bridge. and the other in the railroad bridge. Pretty hard to fish off of them.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Andy, I was actually thinking about the bridge in Sharpstown. That's the best shot for some of those big white perch. The other 2 bridges are good from a boat.
OH OK, yes I will try Sharpstown. Got to learn more about the bridge your talking about. I just found out the yellow perch have to be 9" in MD. I won't be fishing for yellow perch any more until the large ones show up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts