Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Ditch

Roadrunner said:
Just checking on ya 2 c if u r ok...Did it damage the fisin' machine? Hollar if u need some help.
Just fine, through some skillful driving(read luck) I got out with only some scratches on th truck an a bruised pride.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Cdog, I had one of those beach machines called a Yota, they do great on the beach but when it's snowing and icy outside you definately need 300-400lbs.(Or more) of something in the bed over the wheel wells. Glad to hear you made out alright.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
My Tip for the Snow...

While shoveling, fill the bed of your P/U with snow for weight. All the weight you need, and once it warms up, nothing to un-load :D

A couple 5 gal bucket of sand or gravel at the tailgate (easily accessible), and a shovel is always a good idea. A couple of old carpet strips 6 feet long/2 feet wide in another bucket can be very useful as well. Drop the tailgate, and every thing is in reach.

Need more???

Of course we "always" have a tow rope behind/under the seat, and an old tire with ropes and hooks thrown on the snow in the bed is great for blocked roads where pushing is needed, by attaching from under the hood to drop down and protect your truck (and theirs). I've gotten way to old, or lazy ;) To get out pushing by hand if I don't need to :D

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
We got half a foot last night in my neck of the woods, and tonight they're calling for a substantial amount of freezing rain.

This sucks.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jay b, got it loaded up with snow now but aint going anywhere.

Wizardude, good tips. Funny I have most of that stuff in my truck already for beach driving. I'm over winter already. Cmon spring.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Sleet, rain, and slush

In Virginia Beach. Wind is blowing fine sleet and rain off the bay.

My first Atlantic winter.

This Texan finds it interesting, yet nasty.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts