Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellooooo, Im getting ready to purchase a yak for the first time. Im looking at an Ocean yak, btw I will be fishing the Chesapeake Bay. I've looked at ACK online and they are pretty pricey. Where are places in MD or DE I could purchase from? Also do I need to register it? Anything special I need to know. I'm trying to have it outfitted for spring Striper season.
Thanks for your input.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Hellooooo, Im getting ready to purchase a yak for the first time. Im looking at an Ocean yak, btw I will be fishing the Chesapeake Bay. I've looked at ACK online and they are pretty pricey. Where are places in MD or DE I could purchase from? Also do I need to register it? Anything special I need to know. I'm trying to have it outfitted for spring Striper season.
Thanks for your input.
I like the 13 ' ocean yak. best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
check out Delaware Paddle Sports, they carry Ocean, Jackson, Hobie and Native kayaks. I brought a Jackson from them last spring and they're tax free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your input.
Delaware paddle sports is awesome and tax free. No need to register unless you add a trolling motor.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Eastern Mountain Sports, Annapolis Canoe and Kayak are two yk dealers in the Annapolis area.
I have the OK Prowler 13,
Many Bay and ocean miles under the hull with no problems.
Try before you buy, and better have $1000- 1500 to spend by the time you're all said and done.
Paddle, or 2(you know the old saw about being stuck up a creek), life vest, safety gear, dry bags, depth finder and rigging + whatever else you might need.
It adds up pretty quickly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I bought my SUPs from Delaware Paddlesports. Great experience.

Have yet to try fishing from the SUP, but I'm planning on giving it a shot this summer.

·
Registered
929 Posts
No need to register it unless you add a motor (gas or electric).

If it powered by a prop not a motor ..then you have to register it. At least that's how it is with boats in va.

You used to be able to use a trolling motor and not have to registry it but they changed it 3-4 yrs back .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts