Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in purchasing a Daiwa Ballistic surf rod. Looking for 35-405 or 40-405 models but would consider a 33-405. Can be factory built or privately built rod. New or lightly used preferred.

Want to buy in MD/DC/NOVA area - so I can inspect in person. Let me know what you have.

Thanks
Rich60

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joker
Thanks for the message - but I am really looking for a built rod close to home. If I change my mind I will contact you.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Saltykorean
Yes still looking, but hoping to pick a rod in the MD/DC/NOVA area. Want to inspect rod in person and avoid shipping.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hi Saltykorean
Yes still looking, but hoping to pick a rod in the MD/DC/NOVA area. Want to inspect rod in person and avoid shipping.

Thanks
Here's an idea! Since you are in the NOVA area, and the person who is willing to sell you a rod is in Virginia Beach, not that far away, why not set up a mid point to meet and look it over. It would be my guess that if you both put a little skin in the game and travel, then you might be a little more likely to purchase the rod and they may be a little more flexible on the price since they traveled too! Just sayin!;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lil Red Jeep,
Thanks i'm not an idiot. I spend my weeks s working and driving somewhere near Richmond is just not gonna happen right now. I've made it 59 years so far without this kind of help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I mean you just said your not driving anywhere so what do you care if he "pirates YOUR thread" i think maybe you are a 59 year old idiot

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interested in purchasing a Daiwa Ballistic surf rod. Looking for 35-405 or 40-405 models but would consider a 33-405. Can be factory built or privately built rod. New or lightly used preferred.

Want to buy in MD/DC/NOVA area - so I can inspect in person. Let me know what you have.

Thanks
Rich60
Wow this thread is a disaster! If you want a new one, just buy a new one off Amazon, ebay, or even Walmart.com. I've owned a few 40-405's are I strongly recommend getting the blank and have it built for you. The reel seat is set pretty low from the factory and is not ideal for distance casting. If you place the butt of the rod in the center of your chest and extend the rod across your body - reach out and grab the blank. That should be where your thumb rests on the center of the spool. I am also assuming you will be throwing conventional. More than likely the stock reel seat position will not be right, if you are spending this kind of money, get it built once and keep the rod for a long time.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Lil Red Jeep,
Thanks i'm not an idiot. I spend my weeks s working and driving somewhere near Richmond is just not gonna happen right now. I've made it 59 years so far without this kind of help.
Never thought you were an idiot. Come to think of it, I didn't think you were an asshole til your reply. Now I'm sure of it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow this thread is a disaster! If you want a new one, just buy a new one off Amazon, ebay, or even Walmart.com. I've owned a few 40-405's are I strongly recommend getting the blank and have it built for you. The reel seat is set pretty low from the factory and is not ideal for distance casting. If you place the butt of the rod in the center of your chest and extend the rod across your body - reach out and grab the blank. That should be where your thumb rests on the center of the spool. I am also assuming you will be throwing conventional. More than likely the stock reel seat position will not be right, if you are spending this kind of money, get it built once and keep the rod for a long time.
x2

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you AnimalBarrie. Let me clear this up. I own several ballistics already. Was looking for another one to add to the stable. Easiest way for me to do that and save on shipping was to see if someone locally had one for sale. I am a contractor and spend all week driving around the Beltway etc. I was well aware of all the options available to me and started with this one as the simplest way to achieve my goal. Not that interested in driving 2 hours to Richmond - just wasn't that important yet.

So lets see what happens. Still interested in a Ballistic if someone in my immediate area has one to sell.

Rich60 ( Apparently some people on here think I am an asshole - thats OK I already know it )

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Red drum has them on sale currently. They might ship?
3 Piece Ballistic is perhaps the easiest surf rod to ship. Buy it off Ebay and perhaps even grift the sales tax monkeys.

This thread is starting to be like crack to me, it has all the elements Hijacking, hurt feelings, indignant responses, and inherent self interest.

It would appear original poster is seeking a bargain, for which there is nothing wrong with trying, Joker could ship his Green Red Drum custom order Ballistic blank to me and I could build it but of course it would be far more valuable than a Factory Rod built in an overseas sweatshop of a rod building facility as I reside in Potomac which when you factor in Real Estate Tax will make my Stick virtually sure to be priced out of a reasonable man's price expectations and not to mention the time constraints of waiting for me to finish a stick. Or Joker could build it and ship it as Joker builds a nice stick or any number of the qualified rod builders of the OBX who build quality rods in the USA.

Any way best of luck on an inside the Beltway Ballistic at a bargain price. I would be mad too if I had to drive on the Beltway every day, it has gotten difficult and congested beyond belief.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts