Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the jetty right at low tide. Tide didn't turn back very quick, so I didn't do much of anything until almost 4 hours later. Hooked a NICE striper, definitely over 34" and probably would have been a new PB, and wrestled with him for a few minutes until I got him up to rock where I could see him, and then, you guessed it...ZING POW! :eek::mad: I put a little pressure on the spool to slide nudge him my way, but I guess my leader had a knick in it. Stupid rookie mistake. I got him to 5 feet in front of me and then that happened, and off he went. Fish 1, me 0, bye-bye to one more MirrOlure. :redface: All in all, COLD, windy, but nice to get out. No other action to speak of other than birds over by the bridge going crazy.

I did get to try my new Under Armour out though. Great for keeping warm, especially in non-breathable waders. Kudos to Digger as well for recommending Glacier Gloves. Those things are nice!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I hate that Zing Pow!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
So that's where he was. I heard a fish calling last night, but couln't find him(or her) Good job on letting her go. Sorry to hear about the lure.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i hate when that happens, but at least you got some action. i could not make it out there last night i going to try to make it out there for a little while tonight

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
missed the 11:00pm window....went out @ 1:30AM. Strong incoming, steady on shore breeze and barometric pressure dropping. I saw the new signs...guess it give and take? We get to park and the city erects the signs...I'm glad I wore the waders. Noticed a new point close to the docks.

Fished for 2 hours. not a bump. Bird acivity at the bridge ceased. Then came the freezing rain and sleet. Went back home and re-watched the Steelers Thursday nite game.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the same results Al. I got there around 11:30 and fished until 1:30, so I just missed ya. The tide was ripping and the water was really rough. Not a nibble to speak of. Headed up to Yorktown and hit Indian Fields. I was met with some nasty cold wind and flurries. Made a few throws, but it just wasn't worth it. Headed home and was asleep by 3:00. Rough night for fishing.

On an odd note, did you see whatever that was that was tied to the danger sign? Looked like a chumbag or something with a float. Very weird. Tide was too high to get a closer look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts