Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! Longtime lurker here and have appreciated all the tips and guidance. Taking my gradeschooler from Charlotte to the coast for a day trip this weekend. May not be the best time to go with the weather drop but beats the couch and neighborhood pond. As an semi- experienced novice we will be bringing the typical surf set ups to sling shrimp, fish bites, sand fleas if any around. Also, bringing the cast net. Haven't fished the coast much in the fall and are simply trying to bump a fish or two.

1. Any advice on other lures/ rigs/ bait I should add?
2.. Leaning towards Wrightsville over Fort Fisher- Any reason why I shouldn't?
---> Can travel anywhere and wanted to try some new water (Wrightsville).

Thanks and hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Conditions look pretty favorable to me. The drop in temperature and the wind direction forecast for this weekend (NNE) looks good enough for me to think about heading east as well. Relatives currently at Emerald Isle tell me that there is lots off finger mullet around for bait. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Conditions look pretty favorable to me. The drop in temperature and the wind direction forecast for this weekend (NNE) looks good enough for me to think about heading east as well. Relatives currently at Emerald Isle tell me that there is lots off finger mullet around for bait. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Think I’m heading to the fort- yeah after a bit more education the weather isn’t what I thought. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts