Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patrick AFB , Flagler Beach , Canaveral National Seashore , Blues on mullet and some weeds in the surf.

Ponce Inlet North Jetty
Snook and Reds

Keys
Long Key Bridge
Tarpon , Grouper .

Skyway
Mac's and Grouper

Thats all I have heard anyone else??

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I got a buddy in the Air Force stationed at Patrick AFB, lucky SOB! He doesn't even fish! What I would pay to be stationed there! Doh well guess I chose the wrong branch of service.:rolleyes: friend of mine said he is getting into some large school of redfish at dusk in the sebastian inlet along with some larger blacktips at the mouth of the inlet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Took a visiting guest out to Playalinda this afternoon (didn't get to fish though). A lot people out fishing but not many catching. Although, I could see one or two people further down the beach, that were using a castnet for bait, catch a few nice sized fish. Couldn't tell what it was they were catching though (larger than whiting). Still lots of sargassum in the water.

Off topic:
What branch are you in Jason? I have an old Army friend that just got stationed up in Maryland. And BTW, if you aren't on active duty and in the reserves, you can sign up for temporary active duty ('Red Train' funding) at almost any duty station you want - know a few people that do that just to get to some interesting places. Only problem with that is you have to pay for relocation yourself - but I have been able to get around that in the past by creatively interpretting travel regulations.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
wtf I am in the Army and am active duty. I first got stationed here at Walter Reed in DC but now am stationed at Ft Belvoir, VA. Where is your friend at? I stay up in Wheaton MD. I might know him. You never know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Actually, he is in Portsmouth, VA. now. I'm guessing he works in either a MIG or CSG. You probably wouldn't know him unless you work with any 96 - 98 series MOSs though?

You should check into doing the reservist on active duty thing - all the benefits of being on active duty with the added bonus of having full control over where you will be stationed and for how long. Not too mention that promotions are much easier and faster in the reserves. Sorry if I sound like a recruiter (lol), but I wish someone had told me about being able to do this before I enlisted. Now if they would only approve my 4187 request to make me a Moral, Welfare and Recreation Fishing Guide...

Andrew

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Yeah you are probably talking about Active Guard. I have 2 years left on this enlistment and that will give me a total of 9. Serioously thinking about getting out or trying the AGR thing to get to FL. I don't work with 96 or 98 series but I used to be one. MI was my first mos but now I am a 91W working in a hospital. I hear you on the 4187, that would be the bomb!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow a blast from the past.

I was at Belvoir in 89. It was very cool. I was in the surveying school (don't even know if they still have it there). I used to go to the back of the post and play in the river, bunches of stuff to look at over that way. Hows nw fl looking for fishing this weekend? I'm going on a bay trip out of Indian Pass and I hope they are biting. Friday is gonna be surf fishing tho, so I hope they are biting then too. I can't wait to get down there!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
beaup, yup same old belvoir!:D The topographical engineering school is still here and them rivers are still there too. The Basin. I have caught some monster cats out of there and I hear they get some nice stripers during the fall run. Going to check it out in a few weeks again. Small world huh.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep its a small world.

Thats too neat. I didn't fish the river when I was there, I kinda wish I had now. I reckon I can't go back now, so I'll just have to regret eheh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts