Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trolling tonight (first time in a boat here, ever) along the CBBT.

Hung a 34 inch Striper, weighing about 18-20 lbs.

Will post a photo to prove it tomorrow. :cool:

Spent a lot of the time with my head hung over the side chumming.

It was rough out there. I have a strong stomach, or so I thought. That rocking was a bit much for the ole equilibrium to handle.

One nice fish. Got him all ready for supper tomorrow night, if we can eat that much!

Cheers!

Bob - Not Fishless anymore! :D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Can it be??????????

Finally a submission for the Dec Angler of the Month Contest.:cool:

Uh......you did photo the catch with a tape measure along side.......didn't ya?:jawdrop:

Skunk Be Gone!:cool:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Not doubting that fact...........except

rules are rules. All set at the start.
http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=6

In all likelyhood he crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's.

We won't know anyway til the final day of the contest. Anonymity I believe was one of the rules. So the not one single submission is probably all we're going to hear from sandflea til then.;)
And that would be because flea's keeping right in line with the "honor system.":cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
well i missed the point of the link. i said it was a nice fish but he said that he had caught the fish on board the boat. the rules state that the winner had to be caught off the shore or a pier. so i said to bad he couldn't enter the fish. even though it is probly better then what will be caught of shore.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Baddog,If history repeats itself,SB will be the place to catch 40+ inch stripers.(December,very cold)

Wore them out last year till my arm and forearms were about to fall off.

The bigguns were chasing 10 to 12 inch trout.......

·
Registered
691 Posts
NICE fishy

Way to go on the Striper... Maybe a glance at the old 'seasickness' thread will help you avoid chumming on your next outing. Then again, maybe it's what got their attention!;)
What lure did you fool him with? Pretty work. Fish on

Zigh
><((((*>
:D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
See Da Big Fish!

Photo at: http://www.webminers.net/contact.htm

Too late for any contest... It's already marinated waiting to be grilled!

We measured it at the boat and did not weigh it with a scale, but it went 18-22 in that range. Huge fillets.

Caught it on a Chartruese Stretch 30. Can't take credit for knowing what to fish with, but I am going to give a shameless plug for Lighthouse Bait and Tackle.. Darvin suggested it, and made me a heckuva deal on a nice boat rod and reel. Even rigged it with 80lb and all I had to do was toss it in.

Fish was caught next to the bridge in about 50 ft water. That was it for the night except for a mullet that my friend snagged.

As to my "chummin" It built up for an hour and waited till after I caught the fish to start the old "heave-ho".

Bob

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
So thats what

one looks like. It's been so looooooong I almost forgot. Nice fish Bob. congrats! :).....Tightlines

34 Inch Striper - Caught 11/12/03 near 3rd Island CBBT
Angler - Bob AKA HighCap56

1 - 17 of 17 Posts