Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching old Sea-Money vids, monitoring magicseaweed.com, and constantly checking the live beach cams inevitably leads to making a trip out to DE despite low odds of catching.

That was me yesterday. With reports of stripers caught off Cape May, I was hoping the biomass would start heading south into DE waters. On a mission to get at least one beach striper, I started before sunrise at Conquest Beach. Temp was 33F, no wind, hazy skies, water was blue, about halfway through incoming tide. Bait and hickory shad in the surf. I threw a skitterwalk and a pink zoom fluke. After an hour with no striper bites, I switched to a Kastmaster hoping for a shad but no takers.

Moved south of the inlet to 3Rs and found bait but no shad and no stripes in an hour of casting.

Moved to the south pocket. No bites in another hour.

Moved to CHSP, tried to get as close to Jersey as possible so I hiked to the tip of the cape, but the water off the point was shallow and dirty, kinda like fishing the Delaware Bay. Imagine that! No bites.

Finally moved to the rockpiles at Herring Point. The fish gods must have recognized my determination and finally gifted me a bass. Only 19" but very fat. And my first bass on a bucktail, at least I checked that box and beat the skunk.

A lot of work for one bite, but it was nice to spend some time on the beach(es).

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
You sir are a warrior!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts