Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

I've finally got my son's college visit set with UNCW for this weekend. I've never fished this area and wanted to hit the beaches, piers, etc. this weekend. I always try to patronize the local tackle shops while in town. Where should i stop to get my bait, gear, areas to fish, etc. ? I plan on bringing a couple of spinning outfits, 8ft w/ 20 lb braid, and 6 1/2 w/ 12 mono. Will these do? I want to catch whatever I can, flounder, whiting, drums, blues, etc. Bait or artificials won't matter. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
111 Posts
The two times I've fished Wrightsville Beach, I've visited Intracoastal angler on Oleander Drive. They didn't have any fresh bait when I was there but did have some frozen. Good assortment of gear though. I just picked up some fresh shrimp at local seafood markets before hitting the beach.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Tex's just off Eastwood Rd. It's in the same lot as Home Depot and Golds Gym.

Best and biggest store in the area... In my opinion...

Fishing ... Johnny Mercers Pier, Masonboro inlet and the surf at the north end of Wrightsville are a good start

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the intel everyone! It's much appreciated! I hope the weather cooperates and hopefully i'll see some of you on the pier and beaches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts