Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the Spit this afternoon for a couple of quick hours after a run by Harrisons Pier. Fished from 4:00 to 6:30PM. Caught one Whiting on a bloodworm and a 32" Striper on squid. Actually, caught the Striper just as I picked up my rod to leave. Talk about luck! Sure hated having to pack up after that little fight. Looking forward to the good weather the rest of the week, maybe I can catch that Striper again...it sure made my day. :D

Macman

·
Registered
72 Posts
I fished from the jetty east of the bridge-tunnel on Sunday morning from around 8 am - 10 am on the outgoing tide. I threw a plastic shad jig and when that didn't seem to work, in desperation I also tried a popper and a swimmer. Nothing... It was my first time fishing the Spit so I didn't bother bringing along my bait rod. However, with all that current and structure around the point I think artificials will work just as well, if not better. I think plugging is way more fun anyway. I grew up fishing with artificials in Scandinavia, and believe it or not, the first time I ever fished with bait was here in VA about 9 months ago.

There was another guy out there fishing who turned out to be none other than "Nsearch4Drum" when I asked him if he was a member of P&S. Hey, thanks for the fishing tips man! I'll give them a try. I hope to see you again sometime.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Any time Lars!I hope you follow one tip tip,Park a lot closer.
Lars,lemme know the next time you go out to Sandbridge,I meet you there.

Surf-n-turf,sorry I didn't call.I was up and out fishing @6am.I didn't want to wake you up.I didn't have my cell,but you didn't miss too much.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey little buddy! Man I was so busy yesterday I couldn't have gotten away if I had to. I laid in an 4X4 brick addition to my side yard patio. Then did some more yard work, planted our garden and then mowed the yard. I was whooped!

Glad ya got to toss some. Sorry no catch though. Another week or two and temps will be about right. I have been reading about those shad runs. Sound pretty interesting and fun.

Well next weekend is out, going out of town so perhaps the following weekend!

Won't be long now!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bucket,

As I recall, water was calm for a E/ENE wind, grassy when I cast past 40yds, so stayed short about 20yds out. I did try a couple of artificials (bucktail, crippled herring and gator spoon)at first with no luck before switching to bait. I hope to make it back out tonight!

Macman :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts