Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
nope but i wouldnt doubt it....i've been wanting to fish the lil jetty right behind the hotel.. but kinda scared of being thrown out since it looks like hotel property.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Kimoslobby, Red-Eye and I were asked to leave the beach area between the HRBT and the Main Rock Jetty when we were down there in July.

We were told that the beach was a private beach and that the locals were tired of all the garbage and junk being left by fisherman ... an accurate statement ... and that they were calling the police and it was a $100 fine for trespassing.

I couldn't get any clarification from the few people I've asked other than, the statement that the beach is probably public ... but the walkway and access to the beach may be private.

THROW MORE / MOST / MAYBE A FEW OF THE BIG ONES BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
thats really messed up , hey you can wade out in the water and fish thats not against the law long as ya aint " standing on tthier property "

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
inawe

Seems, according to the info in Jake Ace's post, it's the getting there that can cost you an arm and a leg. With the residents of the area having the backing of the "city", people are less likely to trespass if there is a sign posted on the beach that says "no fishing allowed" verses a sign posted along the walkway/beach access that states "private property/no trespassing."

Just another example of irresponsible people. :( Leaving trash and litter is sure to get someone's goat sooner or later.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have always heard it as "private property to the mean high tide" which means that you are allowed to be on the beach below that and noone can do anything. They may "say" something, but I do believe it is governmetn property past mean high tide mark.

I could be wrong. bottom line is though, if you don't respect the land, you will lose it.

Let's keep things clean...todd

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Of course property lines and such maybe turned upside down completely when Isabel comes through!

·
Registered
10 Posts
we have stayed at the hotel there and hubby and I fished on the beach behind the hotel last fall, I caught nothing, but he caught some little puppies and a blue in 1 1/2 hrs, and we were thinking of doing it earlier this year, if we go, I'll have to post and let ya'll know and you can come down and be with "guests" of the hotel. I think they can claim the beach as private property, but there is also a pier at the marina that could be fished, not sure how much it is, but no one was on it the whole time last fall.
Jules

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
yeah KENMEFISH for thereselves 5. 0 . told me qoute , if its a PRIVATE BEACH stay off of it but as long as ya stay in the waters you can stand in front of it all day long :cool:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey guys,

Someone needs to go to the local courthouse and find out who owns the land. It's public record and anyone can get it. Even if they own it, they may still need to grant the public access to the water. Just a thought....Tightlines

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.