Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the beach with a couple fellahs from 10a-1p this morning; I caught / tagged / released 6 flounder and they threw in a couple for me to tag.

Got them on Space Guppy Saltwater Assassins and Chartreuse leadheads.

It was a beautiful day out there today. Lite SW winds and clear skies.

THROW MORE BIG ONES BACK / PICK SOME GARBAGE UP

Jake Ace

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Hey Jake

Do you by chance know Gill Rigo? He's another Tagger.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the name and the legend Gil Rigo, but I've never met the actual man ... Buckroe Pier, many, many, many more tagged flounder than I and super recapture data recorder as well.

I've actually never ran into another tagger while fishing.

Here's a report from Willoughby Spit Main Jetty today (Friday October 16th).

Fished 9a - 12p, tagged / released 7 flounder (11" to 15") 925 YTD. Got 1 with a tag in him from September 15th. He actually measured an inch longer ... must have been in a good feeding hole because I caught him in the exact same spot according to my records.

Got them all today on Opening Night Saltwater Assassins, and 3/8th Chartreuse Leadhead. Needed a little heavier today to get where I needed to be. There was a lot of grass in the water, but it was down deep.

Also, got an 18 1/2" rockfish that I gave to another fellah to go with an 18 1/2" rockfish that he caught.

THROW MORE BIG ONES BACK / PICK SOME GARBAGE UP

Jake Ace

·
Registered
104 Posts
I served on the Board of Directors for NCBBA with Gil Rigo. I can say the man has a passion for fishing. His service running the Operation Beach Respect program for NCBBA was critical to the success to the program. His efforts on fish population conservation is no less the same. Gil is an asset to all of us recreationals.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
You're right OBM

Gil is first class. If he is in a group he is active. I have known him a long time. But I still don't think he tagged as many as Jake this year, of course I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Gil might have tagged more, but no where near the self caught fish, my guess. He would come out to Buckroe and the people would keep him very busy tagging those flounder. Both have worked hard for their passions, and should be an example for all of us. Thank You both.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
A Slight Misunderstanding

Digger,
I didn't say Gil had tagged more, I belive Jake is on top of that ladder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts