Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 2p - 4:30p on the Willoughby Rock Jetties. I actually took a surf rod to throw some frozen finger mullet that I bagged on Friday at Rudee Inlet.

Anyway, I've got two fishfinder rigs out with 3" whole mullet floating along, and I'm keeping an eye on those two rods, while I throw my 3/8th Chartreuse Leadhead with Opening Night Saltwater Assassin.

The mullet produced a big nuthin.

The Assassin got me 5 flounder to tag / release (14" to 15") all of them. So how about that.

I was just thinking, another benefit of all the garbage that shorebound fisherman tend to leave at Willoughby is that the garbage tend to product the biggest rats I've ever had run across my feet to steal my bait.

THROW MORE BIG ONES BACK / PICK SOME UP

Jake Ace

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have those rats gotten that bold? I think I'd be hunting a rat if it ran across my foot to steal my bait! Wonder how rat-meat with some peeler oil on it would work for bait?:p

Reminds me of the time I was sitting at a desk at work eating a Whopper when I feel something start up my leg. It was a mouse and when I stood up he kept going up my pant leg higher. Now what do you suppose I did? I started shucking those pants as quickly as possible and the mouse jumped out the top and ran away. Luckily no one saw this episode or I would still be hearing about it to this day.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed that the vermin come in many shapes and sizes. The rats, however, are usually brown and about a foot long.

THROW MORE BIG ONES BACK / PICK SOME GARBAGE UP

Jake Ace

·
Registered
83 Posts
You might want to catch one of those rats and rig him up. I watched a big bass eat two baby muskrats in Lake Joyce when I was about 10, scared me so bad I didn't even try to catch him.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Opening Night Saltwater Assassins

Jake,
That color did well for my son and I sat here in DE..The schoolie stripers at the Cape Henlopen Pier wear tearing them up!:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts