Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck finding a place to fish at the Willoughby Jetty this weekend. There were so many double bottom rig rods out there I can't imagine trying to throw a jig in between them.

Hope all those folks remember to pick up their garbage and put it in a proper receptacle, right, fat chance.

Did hear of greys and blues mixed in on the point. Also, several undersized keeper flounder, I wish they'd finally catch and fine those guys.

Fished the beach from 1p - 5p, tagged/released 10 flounder, the biggest were 16 1/2", 17 1/2" and 20 1/4". That gets us to 135 tagged flounder so far this year.

Thanks to Flounder Pounder, Optometrist Larry, Fishin' Ed and Kimoslobby for making the total rise so quickly.

Also, thanks to Fish'n'Kid for the tip on the Salt-Water Assassins from a few weeks back.

THROW MORE / SOME / MOST / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey Jake Ace, I was down there from 1:00 until around 4:40 fishing on the rocks down from the jetty. Wish we'd met. Yeah the jetty was full when I got there, but everyone seemed nice.

I did nothing fishing with a gotcha plug and tried some fishbites. Guess fresh bait was the ticket.

Watched a fellow fisherman try to take a hook out of a womans leg. She was walking the beach and got too close to him and he hooked her. People should be more aware when around people fishing. Especially since she was a fisherwoman.

May try Lynnhaven today, but they are calling for rain AGAIN!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, I never even walked that way because it just looked like too many folks for me to be flipping a jig under.

However, I did manage to walk through there on Monday AM when I went over, and the crowd was thinner, but so were the fish. Must have been the wrong time.

I'll try to do better about talking around next time I'm over that way.

THROW MORE / SOME / ANY / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
212 Posts
Jack Ace, looks like a go for Saturday, can you make it. I feel a big tag day in the making. Fished at home tonight for a little over an hour and landed 20 or so flatties (all undersized). Did see 2 keepers caught 20 & 18 inches. Shoot me an e-mail to confirm this weekend.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks, Jake Ace. How much difference is there between electric chicken and electric croaker? I guess I'll find out in the morning at Wal-mart. I was down to my last electric chicken. When I was growing up fishing fresh water some of the predatory fish would have a particular color each year. I've wondered if it was the same with saltwater. I'd love to know the reason behind that particular phenomenon.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooooooooh, there's a big difference. And, I would never have bought Electric Croaker, or Electric Chicken if I hadn't seen or heard of it working.

I was strictly a heavy-duty-chartreuse twister tail user until a year ago when I watched Salty outfish on fork-tail assassins.

It's still a matter of what you're confident in using though ... in a lot of instances.

Nonetheless, I have 5 bags of Electric Chicken that I bought over the winter that I'm struggling to use, and I went through that bag of Electric Croaker in about 3-days.

And, poor me, I have only 1 Electric Croaker grub for my 5am outing tomorrow, and in scrambling through my 3-boxes tonight I couldn't find anything similar in color.

So tomorrow night I may be extolling the virtues of a brand new "HOT" color.

THROW MORE / MOST / ANY / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts