Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished from 4pm to 2am.....13 big spot on bloodworms and 2 grey trout...trout were 12 and 13 inches on crab...caught a 15" eel....i live lined it for a striper but no takers:(.....few silver perch,small sea bass and toads........

when i got there the spot were runnin..they said they had been biting since about 2:30PM.....seen one couple catch a 25" striper, 20" flounder and 2 speckle trout..trout were about 16-20"..nice and fat..they also had a mess of spot.....also this one lady was tearing up the small grey trout and blues on a bobber with squid......at about 7:30pm the bite died...8pm low tide....i stuck around hoping for it to pick up....about 1am the spot started coming back...caught a couple more and decided i had enough to clean at 2am lol...time to go.

some pier info...$4 for adults, $3 for children and seniors....they have bloodworms and squid for sale on pier...pier is open 24hrs ....the old guy that you pay usually leaves about 10pm or 11pm...so after that...its pretty much free cuz there is noone to take your money lol

just bought me a digital cam and i took some pics today...will post them tommorow.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Need Directions to Pier...

Thanks for your report, Kajun. Planning to go to VA Beach on October 10. How do you get to the pier coming from I-64? What is the exit number? How long is the pier compared to the Lynnhaven and VA Beach Pier?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Directions to Willowby

Go 64 through the Hampton Roads tunnel and take the Willowby Spit exit just after the tunnel. Coming off the exit go right and take the left just before the restaurant and follow the road to the marina. The pier is on the right and the shop is on the left where you can get bait, etc. Have fun!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts