Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kimoslobby drove down from Richmond and we headed out to Willoughby Beach along Oceanview. We fished from pretty early until 8a.

I'll have to hand it to Kimoslobby. Whilst being outfished 13 - 3 on flounder for the 2nd straight trip ... he did land the largest two of the day ... a 16" and 15 1/2". So, no keepers between us, but another 15 tagged ones for the home team. One of the flounder had a tag in him from July 18th.

In addition to the flounder, we landed about five 2- to 3-pound bluefish, a puffer in the castnet, two really nice sized croaker, and an 18" striper.

12 flounder on jigs ... Opening Night Saltwater Assassins and some Edge Green / Silver paddletail with lubricant / attractant on it that Kimoslobby uses ... both at home and while fishing I'm told; and the other 3 flounder on minnies.

If you catch a flounder, especially in the Lower York River or around Willoughby / Oceanview, look around the tail area for a tag. The tags start off day-glo orange, but because the flounder just sits all day ... they tend to get covered up in muck pretty quickly and they may look like a parasite, or may not even be seen if the tag is flopped over laying against the flounder's feather fins.

I had to dig and scrape the muck away from this one in order to read it and I thought it might be one from a year ago, but it was only 30-days old.

THROW MOST / SOME / MAYBE A FEW OF THE BIG ONES BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
634 Posts
nice catch jake/kimo!...jake next time ya come down...can i join you?i want to learn how you catch flounder with jigs lol..i live right down the road from where ya fish...i promise not to eat any flounder i catch there with tags lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts