Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kimoslobby and I fished from 4:30a - 12:30p along the jetties. There were a lot of glass minnows in the water and the water was very clear all day.

Got several Oyster Toads, a Searobin, a croaker, a 4lb bluefish, and we tagged / released 11 flounder for the day (from 12" to 17 1/4" long). Got them on a variety of jigs/colors and some cut strips of croaker from the day before.

Wished we could have stayed longer.

THROW MORE / SOME / MOST OF THE BIG ONES BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
het jack jus wondrurn do u ever use a fly rod for the top water species cause i seen some one at colonial prkwy th other day usn a flyu rod round th bridge and i know thats where ya be jus curious to know if that was you thats all

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never use a flyrod ... actually probably could fake it, but I've never bothered to buy one.

However, Kimoslobby did have a flounder break the top of the water to hit his quickly retrieved jig, and I watched one (a 15 1/4") move right up into the wash chasing my jig in about 6" of water so I think in the shallow water you could probably get a few flounder on flyrods.

In the winter at the York River area, I watched a guy outfish me 24 - 2 on Red Drum using a flyrod while I threw grubs ... so I've seen guys up there with those long sticks, but not many of them.

THROW MORE / MOST / MAYBE A FEW OF THE BIG ONES BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
what a rush i watched a skate hit top water thats awesome looks like a shark rolln outta the water after somtn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts