Pier and Surf Forum banner

Why Not the Wye?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Conway 
#1 ·
Now, the problem here is that there isn't much public access that I know about on the Wye River. I believe that you can rent a skiff at Wye Landing, however, just past Wye Oak State Park. I think you can also fish from Wye Island State Park.

Do it.

In one hour this afternoon (4.30-5.30pm), fishing from my buddy's dock opposite Wye Island, I pulled in 21 croakers, 14-21". I was fishing high/low rigs about 75 yards from shore with Fishbites Cold Water synthetic baits on them. I made my first cast, I felt the sinker hit bottom, and I kid you not, within 10 seconds I had a doubleheader on. It was easily the fastest paced fishing I've ever experienced in my life. Absolutely unreal.

The Wye, at least at that spot, has to be full of hardheads. Also caught a couple of white perch, both around 11". Just an unreal hour of pulling fish out of the river-- never had a time like that in my life.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
First time I ever "seriously" used them Husky, and they worked ridiculously well. I have no idea how they'll work next time I'm out, if the other varieties (I used the cold water strips) work, or if they're good for anything other than croaker & perch. What I do know is that yesterday, in the Wye River, targeting croaker, they worked incredibly well.

As for you being personally skeptical of me, whatever, Husky. Sorry to hear it, but I won't lose sleep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.