Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be at AI testing out my new conventional reel on Saturday. Might even shoot up to IRI to see how the stripers are hitting. ;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'll be fishing the 50-80 mile wrecks for seabass with Ugly Mug Sportfishing this weekend. As long as the weather holds out, I anticipate a serious mess of fish. I'll be on the striped ones soon though. Then tautog! Yummy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got my license today so that I can get started this weekend. I will try either Chesapeake beach or Matapeake pier this weekend.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings all!

I'm hoping to hit the Shark River for flatties this weekend (last weekend's trip was cancelled.)

Yo Jamey! Better check the new tog regs (see my post on NJ board.) You can only keep 4 blackfish now, and they reduced the possession limit to 7 for the Fall season. I may finally be able to limit out this Spring! Now if they just fix the new pier....

If ANYBODY catches a fish ANYWHERE, please post! I'm getting desperate... White Perch are sounding real good about now!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Jake,

Tog regs are great for the fishery, but bad for the partyboat industry. Tog fill a major niche at certain time of the year when there are few other fish to target off the Jersey coast. I do not mind the regs myself, perhaps we will see more of the real slob tog in the future.. I just feel bad for the party boat skippers. I wonder if they will start heading south for the winter. In years past there were cod, whiting, and ling to target. The cod are gone and so are the whiting and the ling are on their way out the door. The only other options are offshore seabassing and some limited ling fishing on mudhole wrecks.

Oh well. I won't complain too much. I just hope the regs make a positive change in the fishery. It would be nice to be able to catch some big old whitechins on a regular basis. I would not mind throwing back some small ones if I knew I could limit on 8-10 pounders.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last year at this time I was killing the stripers at Matapeake on bloodworms. I have called around and no one is stocking yet as this has been a colder Winter. If I wasn't set on going to the surf, Matapeake or the Flats would be my place of choice for C&R.

No fishing license is needed to fish AI and you can keep two fish. ;)
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/regulations/coastalbaysregulations.html

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sandcrab,
Some places are stocked already. Check the front page of the Fisheries website. You'll find me at one of those places this weekend. :)

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You must be going to one of those stocked areas with the 2500 trout! :eek:

·
Registered
374 Posts
doh! i just realized you were talking about stocked bloodworms. Mike's Bait service will start delivering early next week (Monday or Tuesday).

Did you read the part about 6 lb trout being stocked? :eek:

·
Registered
680 Posts
sandcrab. still no rock at iri as yet. water still cold.

dp. very slim pickings so far on perch. nothing at broadkill on tues. i did hear that some and small rock were caught at phollips landing .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts