Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Anybody? My son shot a buck with a screwed up rack on NC Youth Day. He also shot a coyote but it ran up in a briar thicket and we decided to let that be his final resting place. He shot a doe on the opening day of bow season.

I have a pic on my phone of his buck. I just can't figure out how to post it on here from my phone. I will be happy to text it to someone if they want to post it.

Thanks!

Darin

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Got a 8 point early October. Not as big as last years. Saw a doe with a lame leg with twins tonight. Checked her out good, didn't see any damage probably just sprained it or something. Seen them a couple times and they've been fine.

Neighbors are reporting all quiet. Lots of deer just all at night on the trail cams.

Freezer full of burger now I'm looking for breakfast sausage and jerky. 3rd one will be hash. :beer:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I do not ever remember a muzzleloading season that it has rained this much. I was scheduled off work last Monday and this Monday to hunt. I worked last Monday and again this Monday. I did see deer last week but I ended up shooting a large doe on Thursday. My and my youngest hunted my oldest son's stand on Saturday evening. We saw 7 different deer with only 1 being a small 6 point. Hopefully the rain will stop and things will dry up.

Thanks!

Darin

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's been a miserably warm season so far - too many mosquitos too
Seen plenty of deer, mostly does - nothing down yet

·
Registered
179 Posts
Haven't had the chance to go much this year, had a spike and a six pt. start sparing in front of me a couple of days ago, too small to take so I just videoed em' on my phone. Been seeing plenty of does with fawns. Still time to drop the hammer ;)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I missed a monster with my smoketube. Shot a nice one Saturday, trailed blood 150yds. Put the dogs on it and away they went. I have seen some impressive bucks on FB Virginia Deer Hunters though.

·
Registered
832 Posts
We have a stupid antler restriction in my area , it requires a certain number of points to be a shootable deer, and depending on location the number is different. So I ended up spending my days counting points, and not getting a shot off yet. Drives me crazy

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
My Daughter's boy friend didn't get one yet, but I think he will. I took these pictures at his house. View attachment 16974 View attachment 16975 View attachment 16976
Daughter's boy friend got one last night. We are loaded with deer in our area of MD. My daughter hit one not long ago and messed up the car. They almost hit one two nights ago, And a few time the last few weeks I have to stop and let the deer cross the road. I think they are going to have to thin them out soon. Good luck guys. PS. I don't hunt. I'm a full time fisherman. LOL!

·
Registered
905 Posts
used every tag I had except my bear tag, no mast crop means a great deer season and bear season is a bust, 2 8's a 7 and 3 does, farthest shot was 787 yards, 2 were 500'ish, took my 13 year old nephew out he whacked a doe at 490.
js

·
Registered
792 Posts
Finished the season with three, nothin big, a nice 6, cowhorn and a doe ...... Longest shot 40 yds, shortest 25 yds ..... I don't put out bait and I hunt from the ground, head shots with a 22 mag rule ..... Freezors full ... It was a fun season, I spent lots of time in the woods ... Saw a lot of nice bucks .... River

1 - 20 of 25 Posts