Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to build the lightest rod that will throw a 4 or 5 oz lure on a shimano stratus 6000. Your help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The lightest 13-14' rod for throwing 4-5 oz. well once you get over about 12'8" your options drop quick. I would have to say the PurGlas 400-2, 13'2" rated 4-6 oz, will throw from 2-6+ with good distance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Led, I don't have a scale in the shop so this is completely unscientific, but.... I just compared the weight of a 400-1 blank and a All-Star BGSW1418 and in that requard they are very similar. The wieght of the All-Star 1418 is stated as 10 3/32 oz, so I would put the 400-1 right around 11 oz. I couldn't find mfg. specs on the blank weight of the PurGlas, if I can get my hands on a scale I will post more accurate weights.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Led

I didn't see the 14' Pendulum Distance 222 on their site. Have I over looked it or is it not there?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Anthony,

My fault, it changes it's name dependingupon which page your looking at.

It's under the "Surf Casting Blanks, Tournament" on the page that I posted as a Distance 222.

I'll try and get some pictures of it in Action at this weekends UKSF Masters Final :D

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Aero; The last thing...

you need is another rod!!!:) If you do get another rod; then sell me one of those used ones you have; the ones that still have the UPC stickers on the handles. They should be sold fairly cheaply; since they have been heavily used.:D Just shoot me an e-mail and tell me which one you want to get rid of!!! pelican man.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Says the man with TWO new Penn rods. They have a name for people like you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts