Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Joey....There's none better. Is that a "Surface Cruiser" I see hanging out of the striper's mouth? That's about a $18.00 lure. I've had a 12" rock knock them right out of the water. I also fish the "Floating Crystal Minnow", the "Mag Darter", and the "Pop'n Splash". FL Fisherman and me are going to be throwing them and BA's Sunday morning up in the Severn along some old piers and deadfalls. I'm hoping we can get them on the top waters. There's nothing like it.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Joey you are killing me. First you disapear and don't post during the spring run. Then you come out during the doldums of the summer and catch a bunch of rock. I see you are having your own spring run since you missed the official one.:D Nice rock! I don't lure fish in salt often but I am hoping we have some luck this sunday.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
FL FISHERMAN...Time to learn son.:D No different than fishing freshwater top water for bass, just that the end result is bigger.

Joey...I was using them for bass and northern pike before I started fishing saltwater. Jason will probably out fish me again.

Catman.:)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FL,

I agree with catman, it's a lot like freshwater fishing. Not only do you get a bigger fish working topwater for stripers, but if you don't hook em they put on an awesome display. Massive tail slaps that whack the plug a couple feet in the air, chases, surfacing, swirls, fins up like a shark, blow ups. For me it's an adrenaline rush, an addiction that has spoiled baitfishing forever.

Oldsalt,
Good eye, this particular plug has landed a few blues earlier in the season. This color is also a favorite to use this time of the year since it's belly paint and size closely resembles that of a snapper bluefish.

Flea,
Not long until the keepers start schooling at KN. Hope to see you out there this year.

Jangwuah,
This is hard to explain and best learned with time on the water. You have to let the fish tell you what they want. Vary your retrive speeds until you get a hit. Once that happens, try to remember everything you did prior. Give the lure life and apply action, jerk your rod a couple times, once vary it. Pause your retrieve a second or two, vary this. With this plug, try popping it like a popper. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
823 Posts
he must have a golden horseshoe up his butt! all i been doing htis year is dinks. mmmm i might like typing when i learn how. ya'll have a good one

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Hey Joey I love some topwater bass fishing. I haven't done any yet b/c I haven't found the right place to yet. Hopefully catman and I will get into some in the future. Will definitely be a site to see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.