Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get into some fishing somewhere tomorrow. Got a few local creeks around the house but was thinking of trying somewhere else. Anybody going and would like a partner or two for a few hours??:)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went out yesterday to the nearby creeks and they were all frozen! Looks like it is too cold to be fishing them any time soon!:(

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Me, after two tries, a few hits, some no hooks and a couple break offs, I'm getting ready to walk out, hit IF&H for some minnows and trying the Tuck again. Little colder today than the last two times out, but a guys gotta do. Besides, want to check a few more holes in the area before Triggerfish makes his trip to Tuck.

Bit of hiking, some fishing and hopefully some catching come Saturday. Still up for it Trigger?

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Worst day yet, cold, windy, no fish, no bite and not even a nibble. so couple of shots of a pretty day:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yea if you only TAG along,that'll be great.lol way not more the marrier,yea shaggy I'll be there with bells on my feet,wake me up when you get there. See ya

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Don't mind, but pulled back seat out of Jeep last fall (so, I only got room for one), didn't figure on needing it again until the "Girls" want to sun bathe in the summer, so we may need to convoy the twenty minute ride. Anyone interested, meet 9am Island Fishing and Hunting Saturday, lots of room, 'specially if we hike and find some holes. Today, nothing, no bites or nibbles, but nice day in the woods (I can hear the banjos of Deliverance now) alone, sun out chill in the air nice "breeze", and no fish. Oh well, Spring AIn't far.

·
Registered
212 Posts
When are where are Ya'll going? It seems everything is FROZEN. Shoot, if I don't endup going to the Ft Washington Show, and ya'll don't mind if I show up, I might showup where ever ya'll be fishin.

- Dae

Have 4X4 will travel! ;)

B

·
0 Posts
GUYS, ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT GOING FISHING IN THIS COLD WEATHER OR , YOU ARE ONLY SHOOTING BLANKS

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Me, I am serious, I'm heading to the Tuck for some chain pickeral on lighter tackle. I'll be at IF&H just before 9 am Saturday, and whomever is there by the time I get my minnows, or 9:15 am at the latest is welcome to join in. They are there, had a few hits, warm should melt shoreline ice, and if nothing else, gets us outside again, maybe wishing for spring, but winter fishing can be fun. Pickeral and yellow perch in the Tuck AIn't too far away,

·
Registered
212 Posts
What the heck is Tuck and IF&H and where are they located?

Remember, I'm only a surf fisherman wanna be. Up until last year, I didn't even know where Tank was even though I had driven over it for years and fished it.

- Dae

Have 4X4 will travel! ;)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Ah Grasshopper, seek Open Forum and Cabin Fever thread, you will find..........

Tuck is Tuckahoe River on Eastern Shore, IF&H is Island Fishing and Hunting (just before you get to the Kent Narrows Bridge), and

I am still a "surf fishing wanna be", not to mention a real "old salt" wanna be, but I have fun, and if ya want ya can join in. (Abington, is that Hartford County or Bawlimore beltway west) if Hartford, may want to come down from the north, hit 213 south (head towards Chestertown, and go south to 50 west. Take first exit past Narrows bridge, right and get back onto 50 east and IF&H be exit on right (2 I think before the Narrows bridge). If balt Beltway, cross the Bay Bridge and 2 exits before the Narrows is IF&H.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If you can make it,dress warm.BM,you'v never wanted to head out on a nice cold day and try and catch something,well here's your chance to do so. Hey Dae that's way FLF is coming to break the ice for shaggy and myself,I usually don't start fishing till March when the large white perch come up the feeder streams from the Bay.TRIGGER:D :D

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
TRIGGERFISH said:
...,I usually don't start fishing till March when the large white perch come up the feeder streams from the Bay...D :D
Get out the ultralight rod with 2# test! I use shad darts or green Mister Twister tails and clean up near the pilings. The best part is when a schoolie striper takes the lure and the reel starts screamin'!!

Oh Yeah!!!!!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Shaggy and Trigger, Anthony and I may join you if we don't head south. And Trigger you won't see me walking out on that ice, but I do have a few 10 oz weights we could throw around if I bring my OM.:D ;)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Sandcrab, do you mean the micro lite with 2# test you should try it(a 4' rod) I'v used it on rainbow trout(19") what a blast a he!! of a run if your drag is set right and you should land one. FLF you and Anthony are more than welcome, I know shaggy won't mind. See ya

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Hey FL, my friend why should I mind if you and Anthony show up, catch fish and all the while watch me get skunked? Heck, it's a publc state park, so, I can't stop ya. With the interest, I may have to break out my "tailgating grill", and do some food :)

Heck, if I am not mistaken, every time you show up (except for the fish at the first Tank clean up), I think I been skunked. You might just be my "bad luck charm" :p

Anyhow, at least I do occassional catch fish.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts