Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll be out there later tonight after dinner. (About 7:00PM) Would like to meet some of you all since I'm new to the area. I'll be wearing a green and blue pull over. Probably sitting on a bucket. Well, unless I'm catching fish.

One question. Since I'm from the north. One is use to live wells and stringers to keep the fish nice and fresh for cleaning. I find the my fish are a little stiff after taking them home in my bucket. Should I put ice on the fish when their in the bucket? I was just keeping the bucket wet with the water from the cleaning station.

:D

Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
i will be out tonight along with my brother DML.... and graphix may be out there as well. me and my brother will get there around 8:30-9 ish. i have heard that sand flea and others will be out there sometime this weekend so hopefully i will get to meet some more P&Sers aswell

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Brian, if you are going to keep them in a bucket then you should definitely put them on ice. The meat will stiffen up and hold better which in turn makes them easier to fillet in my opinion.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I am hoping to make it out there this afternoon and tonight. I will be wearing a yellow hat with a Blue/white wheeled cooler!

·
Registered
634 Posts
i might be heading out there tonight, high tide is 10pm....the run the other day happened 2-3 hrs before high tide...so hopefully i will be there about 6:30 or 7pm....i'll be wearing a white /blue hard rock cafe hat

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
G-dude - ahh, thanks for the visual :barf:

If I get my pass approved and signed in triplicate, I'll catch you all out there tonight. I'll be the one out there 'catching' and not fishing. (If not fish, at least a buzz.)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had planned to be there before now, but got an emergency call from a client so will be working for a few hours - hope to get out there by 8pm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'll be there....

my cuz and i will definately be there tonight but probably not till between 8-9pm my wife and another friend might come as well... we'll be the asians on the pier with some fold out chairs and a blue shimano tackle bag....

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey my cuz and i and a friend were there and i'm guessin it was either graphixdude or baddog who asked my cousin if he was in the merchant marines and he told him no...sorry my cuz didn't tell me till later on that night when we were about to leave or i would've found you and said wassup... sorry we didn't meet but we didn't catch anything ...except a 15" croaker and that was about all....well maybe we'll see ya next time...later

·
Registered
300 Posts
lol...I said "are you merchant mariner?" lol...dude looked at me like I was crazy. hahaha..

Yeah bro..not the best night of fishing I ever had but better than sittin in the house bored like now.

Ill see you again - tight lines till then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I read somewhere when you ice your catch put your fish in aluminum foil or plastic cover before you put it in an ice bucket. That way the fish will maintain it's flavor better and not loose on ice. Since I read it on one of those fishing encyclopedia, he must know what he's talking about. For me, I never bothered to do that before. If you ever try let me know. Happy fishing tonight. Hope you catch some good ones.

blindfishing

·
Registered
300 Posts
hmm sounds interesting. One thing though, it seems like when you see them in a fish market, the fish are usually packed in straight ice with no tinfoil.....maybe you are on to something though. Seems like the skin and scales would keep the fish flavor.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I like to put my caught croaker in plastic bags. If put in unwrapped, they tend to make every other type of fish smell like "croaker.":barf:

Just my 02.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts