Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the fall is unoffically here who is the one who can tell us how is is done I wish I could but I can't so can someone tell me what it's like to catch big fish this year.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I had a monster a few days ago that snapped the line, does that count? Well I did catch a 3 lb tog too. Next month I plan on going out of Ocean city and catching those 10lbers so will check back then. Hopefully by then will have a monster fall striper to report too!:D

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Not Just Yet

Had a 5 1/2 foot Nurse Shark 10 feet from shore last week and he got off .:( I guess I can't brag yet . I hate when that happens.:mad:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Got tidal surged out Wed/Thursday, so didn't get out to AI, but previous week caught some 4' - 4 1/2' and one 5'+ sand sharks if they count. I really am looking forward to later this month, Oct Nov. and weather permitting Dec. Guess this will be one of those threads that will be popping up, hopefully, with some regularity in the coming months.

·
Registered
823 Posts
cant brag on salty fishing but did catch an 8.2# and a 11# catfish from the river today

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Black ones were bad bad, winds were not exactly what weather had led me to expect, but no green headed monsters. Lasted at AI for about two hours and then drove north to 3R for remainder, and tried IRI after dark.

·
Registered
823 Posts
david...........youre the fishing guru... you not caught anything to brag over?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mid July down on the Rappahannock I landed what I estimate to be a 30 to 40 pound skate on 15lb Big Game after a 45 minute battle. Biggest critter I ever caught and considering the light line, the rod (a Terminator I picked up for around $20 for small river catfishing, and an old RodyMatic reel my dad gave me) I was rather proud of myself. Not a game fish but still a heck of a lot of fun. Caught on a bloodworm and a #5 hook fishing for spot.
Tight lines and popped riggers

·
Registered
127 Posts
I caught a monster 8lb spanish the other day, and earlier this year i caught a 38lb king from the apachepier. THe spanish also came from the apache pier. Biggest shark i have had this year was over 9ft and would have gone over 200lb. Could of gaffed it a hundred times over but had to cut the line beacause I live in the dumbest county around in sc that protects sharks, "HORRY" county. Fought him for about an hour on my 7ft penn power stick with a penn 500 jigmaster. allmost got spooled a couple times. Ive done ok this year from the pier as far as kings go, i have 4 from 18lb 13oz, 19lb 4oz, 27lb, 38lb.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey fisher446 I would say you are having a pretty good year so far.:D Them are some nice fish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts