Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having fish tacos for 4th of July parties was one of the traditions. So, I fished Severn River, MD for white perch. In my opinion, WP is the one of the best tasting fish even though they are small. White perch fish taco is the best. I just need many of them for a party. And luckily, they are plenty this time of the year. I also enjoy the white perch fishing. Unlike a 3.5 hours of one way driving to VA beach, I drive only 1 hour one way. No stress of driving long distance, No traffic because I can be back home by 2 PM. Light tackle, only one selection of the lures, and catching fish on every 2-3 cast is blast. The WP of that day were small. They were under 10 inches. No 10-12 inchers. I caught over 50 for 3.5 hours. I brought home 25 WP @ 8-9 inches for 20 fish tacos.

Fishing log:

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
956 Posts
Very nice. I too am a big fan of WP tacos. Bluegills, crappie, perch... all were made for tacos !
And yes even though I drive the Eastern shore to the CBBT area it is still 2 + hours.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice! Add whiting/sea mullet/kingfish to that list as well.

My son classifies them as 1taco fish, two taco fish, 3 taco, etc based on size. Those 16+ will give you a few tacos each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts