Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Raleigh to Swan Quarter 2hr 54min (yahoo maps) + 2hr 45min Ferry Ride= 5hr 39min and 166miles
Raleigh to Cedar Island 3hr 56min (yahoo maps) + 2hr 15min Ferry Ride= 6hr 11min ride and 201 miles

Swan Quarter would be my route.

Raleigh to Ocracoke via Hwy 64 to Hwy 12 = 269mi and 5hr 56min...not sure if that takes the ferry into count for time though?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Depends on when you want to go. I drive through Hatteras most of the time because the Hatteras/Ocracoke ferry runs hourly(right now) from 5 am to midnight and it's always good to me to cruise 12. Personal preference for me though. If it's a family trip I do CI because We can get to the ferry mid morning and eat or hang out on the ferry, plus my little girls like riding the ferry.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know

Getting married on Ocracoke and trying to tell friends from Raleigh which way is the closest. I had initially told them Swan Quarter , but was second guessing myself. They have a reservation made for 5:00 on the ferry(Swan Quarter) Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
You may want to check departure times. I recently read they are cutting back on the number of trips. You used to be able to make reservations. Might be a good idea to check that also.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
thu mar.19 Ral news&obs.page 4B Swan Q. to Ocock depart times10 am &5p.m.,Ocock to Swan Q.depart7 a.m.&1 p.m.....Cedar Is. depart7:30,10:30 a.m ,2p.m.,5p.m. ..Ocock to Cedar Is.depart7:30,10:30, a.m ..2p.m.,5p.m. winter sched. to remain in effect this summer...What a mess this is! maybe they will change it , who knows? I hope so.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
thu mar.19 Ral news&obs.page 4B Swan Q. to Ocock depart times10 am &5p.m.,Ocock to Swan Q.depart7 a.m.&1 p.m.....Cedar Is. depart7:30,10:30 a.m ,2p.m.,5p.m. ..Ocock to Cedar Is.depart7:30,10:30, a.m ..2p.m.,5p.m. winter sched. to remain in effect this summer...What a mess this is! maybe they will change it , who knows? I hope so.
Yeap,from what I've heard on the radio for the past couple of weeks,the winter scedual is what you'll be dealing with....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.