Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHERE'S THE FISH!!!!....This website has been a favorite for locating fish in the area. We spent yesterday on the T-jetty in Atlantic City. We saw a few short tautog and one keeper flounder. That's it(well, I didn't include the bait stealin mini-sea bass). It was a perfect day to be at beach but fishin wasn't and hasn't been very good this season. We're headin north this weekend any tips would be helpful.
Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Try fishing for kingfish with bloods on any of the local beaches. Fish right behind the breaking waves. If you don't catch a fish in 10 minutes move 50 yards and try again. If you are looking for bigger game, try throwing small dark plugs from the local sod banks at night.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We heard there were kingfish out there but we saw nothin.
We'll try anything...I've looked at sites from here(N.J.) north to Long Island and south to Maryland...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've heard there are kingfish all up and down Long Beach Island.Unfortunately I havent been able to get out and see for myself.I would try the north end of the island from Surf City north to Barnegat Light.Most beaches if not all require a badge to be on the beach before 5PM.Also maybe try Island Beach State Park,arguably the best surf fishing in NJ can be found there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts