Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well seems like with the temp drops and winds..this might be a good weekend ....where is everyone headed?

i'm gonna be on the end of willoughby spit chunkin lead at the HRBT or might head over to rudee's inlet or dam neck beach....

i've never been here during a spring or fall striper run so i'm just about foaming at the mouth about now lol..i cant wait:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,387 Posts
Well I'm deciding, but it could range from Sandbridge to the York River and all point's in Between.
It is a little early for the Stripers, though I'm sure they can be caught now.
The North facing beaches could be intresting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
hey Kajun,

have you decided where you are fishing yet? waht are they catching at dam neck or rudee? and do you mean live bait or lead head jig fishing?

todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont get off work till around 9pm tonight so i'll go to the end of the spit..i'll be fishing lead head jigs,live and cut bait for anything that bites....tommorow will prob be dam neck until sunset.. then rudee's afterward
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,390 Posts
Gonna catch some bait 2nite,Probaly wet the 12 foot stick...and then gonna slay them 2morrow in the AM.Same Bat-place same Bat-channel.
Hope you can make it out bassn,chest2head and Surf and Turf!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
99.9% sure I will be there nserch. I am going to try to get some bait also.

todd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well just came back from the end of the spit..water was rough and windy...fished from 4pm to 8pm and not ONE bite...not even a croaker....had live gudeons,clean and dirty squid, blood worms and nightcrawers......i'm still in shock i couldnt even get a bite off of bloodworms lol.....came home to get some warmer clothes heading to rudee's inlet or lynnhaven now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
tough conditions Kajun

I was considering heading to Harrison's around midnight. But the winds around here are a bit strong. I know I can expect them to be worse on the open water. SO we'll be staying in tonight. I doubt if tomorrow brings much change. We will have to wait and see. Good luck out there.

Besides our neighbors are moving out tonight. I'm considering throwing them and their numerous pit bulls a surprise party. Not that I am fond of them, I am just overjoyed that they are leaving. That's enough to throw a party about.:D
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top