Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my cousin will be headed to Nags Head to meet up with some other family members next Thursday. We're planning on staying until Sunday but may stay a few extra days. From the reports on here it seems like most of the action is going on south of Hatteras Island, or at least its a little more consistent there. Piers or surf are fine, species isn't really important, we'd just like to catch some fish.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Watch the reports and be prepared to drive ... is probably the most reliable advice. You're right that the southern beaches have been showing better so far.

Good luck,
Brian

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I checked out the reports from avalon pier and did see they were catching some trout so I'll definitely check that out if it keeps up. I was planning on at least going down to avon pier or to surf fish in that area one day, do you think it'd be worth the extra time to ferry to O-coke? (not going to try to spell it) also, how are the crowds this time of year? I'd assume they aren't as bad as June and later but haven't been down at this time of year in over 20 years. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.