Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on fishing this Sat, and possibly Sun. I want to get out of PA and avoid the openning day of trout season mobs.

I was thinking IRI to start and then maybe the pier in the evening under the lights(if they are on).

Any other suggestion? I don't care where I go as long as it is not shoulder to shoulder like the local trout streams. I would just like some consistent action.

I was considering trying for croaker somewhere on the Chessie also. I have not fished the big bay very much so any suggestions are appreciated.

If anyone wants to team and fish DE or one of the piers on the Chessie send me a shout.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
DOF,

I can't get out this weekend but if I could I would hit IRI for the incoming high tide and try my luck with the cow bass. Some of my friends are doing real well off the North jetty.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill,

I saw a post over at Cafe Locale about the lights being out on most of the pier. I was wondering if they were fixed. Apparently the T is still working, which is where I would go anyway.

I am still thinking about going, as long as the rains stops.

·
Registered
680 Posts
duke. it turned out to be a beautiful day,but, the water is still not right. with the north east winds, rain etc. and the tides are not right, the fishin ain't the best.i figure tues. or wed. evenings it should pick up. i'll let you know. the lights are on on the pier.as i said before i live close by and i check on them and let the park office know. they are pretty good about fixing them. i'll fish every day next week except easter sunday.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the update. There were pics posted of IRI on Cafe Locale and it looked nasty. I am thinking of hitting Raritan Bay in Jersey on Sun. The action has been decent up there, even with the poor conditions. I hope to see a bunch of you guys next Sat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.