Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Where would be some good places to crab within say an hours drive of baltimore? I have been to SPSP and thats about it. Is it worth going to matapeake or romancoke? Any other decent places say kent island area?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Within 2 hrs of Baltimore there's the Choptank River pier better known as The Tank. A lot of people crab off the pier in the shallow ends. Most use traps but handlines will work if you have a long handle net. As for areas north of the bay bridge I wouldn't waste my time now. With the cold spring everything is about a month behind schedule. There won't be any significant crabbing above the bridge until mid August. Kent Narrows might be worth a try.

Catman.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are lots of places to crab in or around baltimore theres rocky point or dundy creek or kent narrows or wye river.Your best best would be at narrows two weeks ago when there got 3/4 of a bushel and two keeper rocks and some spot mixed with perch.Soon as your go under the bridge go left right in the little creek set up shop get there early.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would I need a boat (dont have one yet) for the narrows and which side?
Where are rocky point or dundy creek? I've heard of the wye and would i need a boat for that?
thanks for your guys help so far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes for those places you will need a boat rocky point and dundy creek are in essex md kent narrows you could go off the peir there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts