• Sandbridge

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out where I should fish Friday. I'll be primarily soaking baits, and the wind is predicted to be out of the NNE.

I'm leaning towards either the north end of the resort strip or Sandbridge. So let's hear what you folks think.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Never been to either Sandflea but I looked in my crystal ball and
I see sand and a bridge must be the lucky spot for fridays outing.:D
Have a great day out . I will be out at the Indian River , the Surf looks pretty soupy with the eastern winds were having.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Sandbridge. Even though it hasn't shown much lately, it is a proven spot for them reds you love to chase after. JMHO:)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Guess who....ramada at va beach?? on strip or north end??And whadda catch em on???....the R

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I like your wind forcast better than mine

I'm showing a predicition of S winds for Friday an Friday night.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
There already @ the Ramada.Didn't score there till mid-January.

GW-you using a Carolina rig when you are tossing them eels?
Wouldn't mind chasing a big fish.

sf-I would check out SB-I think the Refuge is open,now.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I did that a few weeks ago using spots... they tore it up too... good luch Sand Flea... fish are smart but, fisherman are smarter... we have all kind of tactics to catch 'em.. we study them.... and they just follow their instincts.

good luck out there...

crawfish

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Where you go and how did ya do ? Hope the crystal ball was right .:D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I've been checking the photo gallery.

Still don't see no pic of that big red next to the Corona bottle. Come on flea, give us a report. We know you went after those Big Redfish. ;)...Tightlines

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
He not gonna show that big red he landed because he might be the contest winner for DEC.:D

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Long story short, it sucked. I was soaking mullet and quartered blue crabs from 9 a.m. until around 3 p.m. at Sandbridge and caught one blowfish. The other highlight was when I was walking back out of the surf and got nailed by a wave. I completely ate it in the wash and went down face first. The guy down the beach was trying not to laugh but he didn't hold it in too well.

Saturday was more of the same. We fished the oceanfront around 72nd street with mullet all day and didn't get a single bite.

Oh well...sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

The weather was just too pretty and warm. It needs to cool off some more.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
hmmm SandFlea looks like that mishap up at AI was just a practice for the real thing huh?! LMAO! Too bad nobody had a camera!:eek:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Don't feel so bad,got skunked on Satuday,with Steve and Chest2head,@ the SPOT.Fish were there,but breaking a little too far for the tackle we brought(wished I had Rolland Johnson's cast)

Did managed 1 fish on Sunday,20 incher.Might be the warm temps,saw a couple chase my Storm,but just bumped it.Saw plenty of needle fish also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
NS4D,

I didn't have any better luck either on Saturday. I saw the fish but I couldn't reach them. On Sunday I decided to bring along my 11 foot rod and a 3.5 oz Gibbs pencil popper. I couldn't quite make it all the way to the sandbar were the fish were (all I know is the standard overhead cast...), but I came pretty close. Still, the fish wouldn't bite. A few birds were thinking about hitting the pencil, but decided against it at the last moment. A guy bait fishing with two rods next to me caught only one 20" striper, so I don't feel too bad about getting skunked. Things were just really slow. Heck of a nice day to be out there though!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Sorry to here about the unwanted drink you had there Sandflea.:( Didn't see that coming in the crystal ball or I sure as hell would of told ya .
Maybe next time with out the extra excitment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts