Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With last weekend's blow out behind us, where does this weekend take everyone? I'm committed Sat and Sun but Monday will find me perchin' at the Narrows and catin' in Denton Wednesday morning and top water rockin' at the Narrows on the way home in the evening. Boy do I love fall fishing.:fishing:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Saturday and Sunday I'll be working around the house - Hopefully, Monday I will be able to head out do some fly fishing at the Gunpowder...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
859 Posts
Odd thing catman all the good spots are 2hr drive from me matapeak 2hrs just below rock hall forget what its called 2hrs cape henolopen pier de 2hrs point pleasant nj 2hrs Fortescue nj just under 2hrs that's the good and bad of living in PA

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Odd thing catman all the good spots are 2hr drive from me matapeak 2hrs just below rock hall forget what its called 2hrs cape henolopen pier de 2hrs point pleasant nj 2hrs Fortescue nj just under 2hrs that's the good and bad of living in PA
A bit of a fishing conundrum I see.:confused:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yea miss my teen yrs when dad or gpop would drive down to Eastern neck wildlife refuge at this time of year and we catch a cooler full of spots snapper blues and white perch

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
21 Posts
Off topic location but will be doing a 6 mile drift on the S fork of the Shenandoah for small mouth on Sunday and Monday. Love drift fishing this time of year. 30+ fish days are normal and only need 3 lures in the bag. Stick baits, tubes, and buzz baits. I won't be able to sleep Saturday night...lol

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Off topic location but will be doing a 6 mile drift on the S fork of the Shenandoah for small mouth on Sunday and Monday. Love drift fishing this time of year. 30+ fish days are normal and only need 3 lures in the bag. Stick baits, tubes, and buzz baits. I won't be able to sleep Saturday night...lol
Love smallmouth fishing! I have had tremendous luck with strike King tubes in the KVD "Kick" color (looks like green pumpkin) on a 1/8 oz tube jig hook...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Saturday and Sunday I'll be working around the house - Hopefully, Monday I will be able to head out do some fly fishing at the Gunpowder...

Sandcrab

Looks like my trip will be next Friday to tackle Western Maryland trout if anyone wants to join me. I leave early to be there (Garrett county) by sunrise. Looks like I'l be fishing the North Branch of the Potomac as well as any other streams/rivers that have a good water flow...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
407 Posts
Coltons Point/St. Clements Island for Bluefish/Rockfish OR Fort Smallwood Park in Pasadena, MD for Crappie, Bluegill & Catfish ~ hopefully some time this weekend. Lots of work around the house to complete.

Check out this excellent fishing report:
Turbulent Weather Means Interesting Fishing Conditions: https://www.visitstmarysmd.com/blog/turbulent-weather-means-interesting-fishing.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Peace :cool:

·
Registered
978 Posts
IRI, KN, Rt 50 Bridge, and OC inlet on the excellent solunar forecast, which runs into next week!

Hopefully Saturday's blow doesn't screw things up after it lays down on Sunday. Monday s/b outstanding w/ a light east wind on the Delmarva beaches..

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
We'll catman, I was at Half Moon Bay yesterday (north jetty) with my youngest bro and BIL hoping to catch some rock cod. My bro came close with a Ling Cod at 20'' (released). We caught bunch of kingfish and a keeper some sort of cod (forgot what my BIL said it was). I usually do well with rock and dungeness crabs (closed season for Dungeness though) but didn't catch any of the but my bil caught one. We all did release about 3 small rock cod though and they fought pretty good. It was fun, but the hike back to the parking lot is a killer.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts