Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post and I think I already messed up. Sorry level liner if it went to you.

Like everyone else, I am looking for a great beach to fish. But, I thought I would change up the question a little. So, if you were going to drive let's say 200 miles from your home. Maybe stay in a hotel overnight. What would be your destination beach. Looking forward to your answers.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well I only have to drive a half mile to some of the greatest fishing in the US so I would have to drive 1200-1300 miles to Lake Calcascieu, LA or maybe a 1000 miles to Marathon FL

·
Registered
929 Posts
This is my first post and I think I already messed up. Sorry level liner if it went to you.

Like everyone else, I am looking for a great beach to fish. But, I thought I would change up the question a little. So, if you were going to drive let's say 200 miles from your home. Maybe stay in a hotel overnight. What would be your destination beach. Looking forward to your answers.
Depends on what type of fishing you want to do. Stripers cast lures plug fishing go north nj ny etc . 9-11ft rod with lures and plugs.

You want to soak bait for those big drum Nags head nc area with a bad ass heavier setup that can throw 4-8 oz plus bait. Or those citation pomps on a light but long rod.

Mb sc has A little of everything but stripers . don't really need a heavier Here or cast out far .

Each states beach is different in it's own way .find out what you want to target then go from there. Or see what gear you have that will allow you to target a specific fish. Then I bet you will have a better trip.

·
Registered
179 Posts
But, I thought I would change up the question a little. So, if you were going to drive let's say 200 miles from your home. Maybe stay in a hotel overnight. What would be your destination beach. Looking forward to your answers.
To answer this part of your post. The only beach that I can drive to within your 200 mile limit would be somewhere around Charleston, SC. I might would go down to Chucktown' to eat seafood but not fish, lol

It's over 500 miles to OBX or Florida. I have been to both and it's a long haul :(

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
melbourne beach / sebastian inlet in december....

fl panhandle in the spring....

obx in the fall...

new zealand for freshwater trout...

·
Registered
888 Posts
OK, from St. Augustine go north on A1A to the Gate Gas Station about a tenth of a mile south of the Guana River Rd. park in the dirt lot and cross over to the beach. From St. Aug it is only a 10 mile drive. You can also go north to Huegenot Memorial Park or Talbot Island.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts