Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seem or heard any Stripers of 30#s or over being caught anyone have any theory as to where the Big fish when.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Out to sea for sure. I just hope the water temps drop around here so them big boys will come through so I can catch one.:D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I don't know. Only 6 keepers have seen my cooler this season. The bay temp Sunday morning was 74.6*. It needs to drop another 10* according to some old salts I heard talking on the VHF. By that time it might be past Dec. 15th. and we'll have to wait until the spring run.

Catman.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Well when they get there chase them back up here where they belong.:D Their kids are looking for them.

Catman.:)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
hopefully they'll be in my honey hole if i ever make it to find out :cool:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't care who or were they caught just as long as they are being caught by us not the comercial guys.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings David!

That's one of the problems with current legislation: Most stripers are only protected in STATE waters. Trouble is, a striper doesn't know when he's beyond that three mile limit. (Apparently some fishermen, both recreational and commercial, have trouble with where the three mile line is, too!) Hopefully the fish are migrating south....

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think it is a little early one cool snap not going to head south,they like the cool water, bay is still in the seventys. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts