Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Thats tough. Eels are about the only live Striper bait easily purchased other than whole blood worms.

·
Registered
691 Posts
$$ live spot $$

There is a place in Va Beach that has live spot for sale; unfortunately, they're $2 a pop (OUCH!) I will try and get the name if you're still interested???

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
264 Posts
Speaking of a cast net, where is a good place to go to get some live ones with it? mullet spot anything would be nice..

thanks.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Shore Fisherman

I would suggest any marina at night. I've seen a bunch of bait recently in LC marina. Also, the mouths of the inlet's(outgoing tide) in the area should be seeing lots of passing bait. Some nights at the CBBT(boat) we are seeing decent bait balls on the scanner. The last time it was tough to find them though. I prefer the marina's for cast netting because it just seems easier to locate the bait unless you have time to survey the beach. If I see any good bait cocentrations in my travels I'll post where. One last thought. The fish market off of Independence Blvd. in Va Beach had real pretty fresh mullet. I almost had to change plans and go Drum fishing after seeing it. So, if no livies, maybe some fresh bait will help anyway............. Fish On

Zigh
><((((*>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts