Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the fellas are making a renegade run tonight to OC. Where can I get bait after 9 PM tonight. We will be leaving in about 45 mintues. Please response fast. SOS Fisherman in distress :fishing:

If you reply please provide details b/c I am not really familiar w/ OC area. Thx...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If you can call harbor tackle they may be able to put some out behind the soda machine for you. They are located on golf course road just before the rt 50 bridge on the right hand side. If you do a search you should be able to find their number.

·
Registered
40 Posts

They only had sandfleas when I got there today...

2 Other gentlemen were using green crabs they purchased yesterday and doing fairly well. I think they had 6 keepers before I left. Don't even ask how many I got :mad: I lost more weights then sandfleas LOL

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No bait, no tog, only frozing my butt off with some other die hards

Ant & SP thanks for your reply but I was on the road after 7 pm. SP looks like someone had a visit from DNR. Well we arrived after 10 pm-2:30 am and we couldn't find any bait. I knew we were in trouble. We had frozen spot, alewye (sp) and f/b crab & bldwrm. We had a couple of bumps but no hook ups. Probably crabs. Lost alot of tackle. For future references what is the best tackle to use? I saw some guys casting very close. Basically dropping it right in front of them. I didn't see them catching anything either. Best conditions to catch tog & place to catch them in OC. Also, can you caught them at night? We fished over by the jetties near the amusement park. I know I asked alot of ?s but this was my first time trying for them. Also, from the pics it looks like everyone caughts them during the day. Thanks for your replies. I am super tired today and I had a parent teacher conference and the kids b/c the wifey had to work.

Damn I'm tired, no fish and I have to go to work tomorrow. Oh yeah I have to go outside and play soccer w/ my 5 y/o as promised. Later:mad:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You definitely want to fish during the day. Any of the slack tides should produce fish. Tog don't normally bite at night but I have caught a few at night. The normal spots produce fish, the bridge, inlet and the bulkheads. As far as tackle goes, keep it simple if there are a lot of snags around. Single hook and enough weight to hold bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts