Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow Fisherman,
Anyone out there know where I can purchase, trade, or have one made - tounge sinker mold.
Want to pour 8 and 6 ouncers.
Thanks Again, TW

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Triggerfish,
If you checked out the Sandcrab posted you'll see what they look like.

Sandcrab,
Thanks for the site, I can find them at va bch once in a while but even then they're not cheap. Would sure like to have a mold.
May just have to buy a do it mold blank and whittle one.

tx agn, tw

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Do you all know what type of sinker I'm talking about. I saw FisherSteve use them at Sandy Point this year and forgot to ask him what they were called. Anyone out there

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Trigger I believe you are talking about storm sinkers.Pyramid at th top going down in a tube shape to th end right?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Cdog- You hit the nail on the head.Now where can I get them or a mold.If I can't find a mold there's a way of making one,but I need a couple of sinkers(5oz.6oz.)so I can make the mold,can you help me.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Cdog Iam not at home and won't be for some time tonite and with my son and wife on it,it will take a crowbar to get them off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
check this guy out :<A HREF="http://www.fortunecity.com/business/ipo/13/">Shawn Collins Customs</A>
custom molds , excellent work ; but not cheap
derf

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Trigger...I've got about 4 of them left. Bought them at Sue Foster's place in Fenwick Island last summer. Bill's in Rehoboth also carries them. You can order them on line. The mold looks like it would be pretty simple to make, just a modified pyramid mold. If I did a lot of surf fishning I'd probably make a few molds for 4, 6, and 8oz.

Catman.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am new to the board but I tried this method to make small sinkers and it worked. I actually used a dremmel tool and made a mold from two pieces of wood. Thats right yall gonna be suprised how well it works and it gives you something to do on your lunch hour at work. Yes the wood burns some when you first use it but you'll get a few dozen out of it before you have to start again. If you can use a ruler, dremmel tool and a C-clamp you're in

Big Rad :p

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Trigger, I can't help you with a mold, but if you just want the sinkers, they are cheap at Bay Pro Shop near rt 4 and 261.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts