Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ... where are you fishing the weekend of October 24th/25th and what are you fishing for?

I'm fishing OCM and the areas north and south (Delaware and Assateague). I'm not really targeting anything in particular, but rather taking my step-brother and nephew out onto the sand ... neither of them has a 4X4 or OSV pass, so it will be a treat for them I hope :)

The large red drum seem to be mostly gone now, though I am not sure how the AMSA tournament went this past weekend. There have been reports of some blues that were somewhat larger than the persistent bait-stealer 8-10 inchers that have been around most of the year, and also some striper reports. I guess I'll put out a couple lines and see what I can find!

So, what are you all up to? Is anyone else heading to the coast?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Ill be fishing from a tree stand with a muzzleloader.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Local DE ponds - LMB with texas-rigged plastics... Maybe some bobber/Trout Magnet action to check for crappies...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
353 Posts
So ... where are you fishing the weekend of October 24th/25th and what are you fishing for?

I'm fishing OCM and the areas north and south (Delaware and Assateague). I'm not really targeting anything in particular, but rather taking my step-brother and nephew out onto the sand ... neither of them has a 4X4 or OSV pass, so it will be a treat for them I hope :)

The large red drum seem to be mostly gone now, though I am not sure how the AMSA tournament went this past weekend. There have been reports of some blues that were somewhat larger than the persistent bait-stealer 8-10 inchers that have been around most of the year, and also some striper reports. I guess I'll put out a couple lines and see what I can find!

So, what are you all up to? Is anyone else heading to the coast?
OCMD this weekend, fishing the inlet and bridge.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I'll be fishing top water & shallow runners for rock from a bulkhead inside the Key Bridge.;) Here's the HOT bait.

YO ZURI CRYSTAL MINNOW SHALLOW RUNNER

·
Registered
30 Posts
I plan on hitting Assateague this weekend as well. If I go on Sat then I'll camp out there till Sun. Plan to fish for as long as I can stay awake.

I'll be in this one, if you see me say hi :).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well unless Chuck-E-Cheese's has a fishing game my line with remain dry this weekend. Gotta have a family weekend in the mix to make up for time spent on the sand, at the dam, and in the woods. My fishing buddy turns 5 on the 25th.

Bob I wish I would have bumped into you at some point this fall weather certainly didn't help. Just missed you in the spring from the convo I had with Phil Allen. Tight lines to all of you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hitting the mid bay tomorrow on a friends boat. Breaking fish are abundant and we're going to jig for stripers and blues. Some reports of trout showing up too. That would be sweet to bring home a buffet for the table.

Might hit PLO on Sat if I have time. Otherwise back to lake largemouth action.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I plan on hitting Assateague this weekend as well. If I go on Sat then I'll camp out there till Sun. Plan to fish for as long as I can stay awake.

I'll be in this one, if you see me say hi :).

Enjoy your first trip on the sand in the new ride! I'll stop if I see ya, otherwise wave me over if I don't ... I'll be in a black 2006 4Runner with roof rack rodholder.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well unless Chuck-E-Cheese's has a fishing game my line with remain dry this weekend. Gotta have a family weekend in the mix to make up for time spent on the sand, at the dam, and in the woods. My fishing buddy turns 5 on the 25th.

Bob I wish I would have bumped into you at some point this fall weather certainly didn't help. Just missed you in the spring from the convo I had with Phil Allen. Tight lines to all of you.
Likewise I'm sure ... missed meeting you at AI/VA I assume? I fish both ends of AI, though there are many who only do one end or the other ... Spring I fish more of the south end, and fall more the north.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I keep hearing about horse flies in AI . Are they really bad ? How to avoid them ?
As it cools down they aren't really an issue. In the summer you watch the wind. Wind off the water will keep them at bay, but anything else will require long sleeves, head net, and gloves.;):D:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Likewise I'm sure ... missed meeting you at AI/VA I assume? I fish both ends of AI, though there are many who only do one end or the other ... Spring I fish more of the south end, and fall more the north.
I usually fish south side or farther south. Occassionally I venture north but not since Sandy. Perhaps our paths will cross this spring.

As to the post about flies, as mentioned above, be prepared if there is a west wind forecasted.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts